What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are medications that are bioidentical to the soft tissue (collagen) that is found in our tissues.
Aside from promoting a more youthful, fuller-looking face, there are significant benefits you can enjoy when you decide to undertake the procedure. For example, dermal fillers:
- have almost immediate results
- increase elastin and collagen production
- have long-lasting, yet subtle results
- have a very low risk of complications
- can be dissolved immediately if you’re not happy with the result
Almost any area of the face can be treated as long as your practitioner is appropriately trained in the correct techniques. Dr Sam Aravinth has performed dermal filler procedures on hundreds of happy patients over the years and the professionals at Samara medical and cosmetic clinics are experts in their field.
The common corrections that can be achieved with dermal fillers include:
- Cheeks – We can restore a more youthful appearance by enhancing the volume in the cheeks and mid face.
- Under eyes (tear troughs) – Dark circles and hollows under eyes can be corrected.
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Nose – (non-surgical rhinoplasty)
- Jawline enhancement
- Liquid Facelift – Dr Sam uses a combination of all injectable modalities to achieve a rejuvenation of appearance.
- 7-point lift – Specific focal points are chosen to stimulate and augmented to bring about a mini ‘lift’.
- Scars – These injections are known to improve the appearance of scars and, in some cases, diminish them altogether.
The area to be treated is completely cleaned and then anaesthetised with either topical numbing cream or via nerve block injections. The dermal fillers are then expertly inserted into the area with either a needle or cannula technique. The particular technique used will be dictated by a number of factors and is determined by the skill of the practitioner.
An appointment can take up to 30 minutes, meaning you can have the procedure done during your lunch break and return to work immediately after.
You will see results of the treatment almost immediately.
Fillers are made to be like tissue that is naturally produced in the body and they will dissolve over time. After receiving your fillers, you can expect them to last for up to 18 months.
Imitating the naturally occurring cells and tissues in the body, dermal fillers come in a gel form and are injected into the sub-cutaneous layer of the skin. They then exert a volume-lifting effect on the surrounding tissues, which immediately adds volume and revitalises the skin.
Receiving fillers is non-invasive, so you won’t need to book time off work to heal. However, please note that there may be some swelling in the areas that were injected.
As long as the treatment is performed by a highly skilled professional, there are very few complications, however, dermal fillers have been known to cause a blockage of an artery leading to tissue damage.
We understand that sometimes people change their minds. Perhaps you were excited about receiving cosmetic injections, but after the procedure, having seen the results, decided it wasn’t for you. The great thing about fillers is that they can be dissolved with an injection immediately after the procedure if you’re unhappy with the results.
The cost varies depending on the type of dermal filler used, but treatment starts at $459 per ml.
Longer-lasting dermal fillers that can last up to several years, start at $798 per ml.